'juvenis' - a Latin word meaning “youth” or “youthful”
Blue Canoe Productions' The Juvenis Festival: Kingston’s youth-led, not-for-profit, Youth Arts Festival from April 28-May 6, 2018 engages youth between the ages of 13 and 30 throughout the Kingston community. The Juvenis Festival generates opportunities for local young artists to showcase their work, as well as educational programming that will allow them to further develop their skills in the arts. The Juvenis Festival has three main areas of focus: arts education, professional development, and youth-curated and created arts presentations. The Juvenis Festival aims to provide a platform for Kingston youth that celebrates young people in the arts and their invaluable contribution to our community.
The Goals of the Juvenis Festival:
- Broadcast the creative voice of youth in Kingston
- Generate opportunities for young artists to lead their own creative processes withthe support of their peers and professional mentors
- Provide youth with a safe, positive space for learning, artistic experimentation and the opportunity for growth and professional development, free of charge
- Partner with and support youth organizations to inspire our community to open their eyes and ears to the voices and ideas of youth
- Broaden the general public’s perception of young people’s contribution to the arts by presenting a professional and engaging youth-led showcase
2017 By the Numbers:
Read the full 2017 Final Report on the 2nd Annual Juvenis Festival for more!